Man does not cease to play because he grows old.
Man grows old because he ceases to play
George Bernard Shaw

Cabin Map

I was thinking that a nice feature for cabin users would be a map.
    A kind of fun map (not an official gov't type map) that shows the points of interest to see around the Cabin. Several of our cabin users do not venture far from the Cabin because they either don't know what there is to see or what direction or how far it might be.
    It could cover from Lewisham lane, to Victoria falls,
to Lewisham, Ragged Rapids, etc. The points of interest could be scenic views, fishing spots, swimming places, all Barry's trails, old cabins, Beaver Dams etc
 

see http://www.therebydesign.com/kitchener_map.htm as an example

comments??

Doug

1 comment:

WDB said...

As a matter of fact I have been working on this very thing! A fun, illustative (but relatively accurate) map of the cabin area. I haven't touched it in a couple months, but it's looking good so far. I managed to acquire some good data for the area when I was at school and also from the MNR. Together with some trail data and points of interest from our GPSs, it should be a great map for the cabin.

I was thinking of getting back to it just the other day, so this should give me a bit motivation!

Ryan